There's something for everyone at Wellow Valley Tennis, whether you're a beginner, returning to tennis, improver or a good club level player. With members coming from 21 different communities, organised tennis is a really good way to get to know other people and enjoy the sport. All are welcome, we'd love you to come along and give it a try!
You can find more details below on what we have to offer. If you're not sure which is best for you or you have any queries, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note these sessions are for Gold Members only, however Silver members are welcome to come along and try, then upgrade to a Gold membership if they want to take part on a regular basis.
Club night - every Thursday 6pm - 9pm, all year round
These sessions are run on a turn up and play basis, no need to pre-book. They are friendly sessions and open to all, where you can get to play a variety of tennis, singles, doubles and American doubles (3 players).
Suitability: all levels and ability
Ideal for those that aren't able to plan ahead or just fancy coming along and having a knock about. Also perfect for those who are unsure of their level, you can just come along and play for as little or as long as you want.
Balls and lighting - provided by the club
Organised friendly doubles - every Monday and Friday all year round
Monday: 5pm-6.15pm & 6.15pm-7.30pm
These are organised sessions where you indicate your availability on our google spreadsheet players are then allocated to a court. If you have any queries or would like to be added to the list of players please email: email@example.com
Suitability: Improvers, Intermediate, Established good players.
Ideal for those that like a guaranteed doubles game.
Click here for the Monday and Friday doubles availability schedule
Balls and lighting - provided by the club
Good and Intermediate level players - every Sunday 4pm - 6pm all year round
All can apply to play but due to restrictions of time availability higher level players will take priority. Those interested say when they are available to play and are then slotted into doubles pairs with reserves in case of change of plans. Contact Ian.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or via mobile Ian 07843760029 or Andy 07715620347. They will match up pairs to give everyone a good game.
Contribution to reimbursement for the cost of lighting (when needed) and balls.
Singles – mixed league
Doubles – any combination - invite a partner to join in a doubles pairing - can be men, women or mixed. If you're not sure we can find you one.
The ladders are open to all ages, if there is the demand then separate ladders for juniors may be set up.
This is your invite to join any either or both ladders stated above. If you are interested in joining you should send your response to: firstname.lastname@example.org giving the following details:
- these details should be available to be posted on the website for participates to be able to contact you.
Ladders you wish to join
1. The Organiser will set up the first ladders as best they see fit from those entering highest ranked at the top. Late entrants start at the bottom unless the Organiser decides otherwise. Your ladder Organiser will be notified to you.
2. Once posted players can challenge players up to two places above them in the ladder.
3. If the Lead (those higher up) is challenged the Challenger (person below) must give up to 3 reasonable dates to play the match in a 3 week period. If the Lead can't make these dates he must concede the match and advise the Challenger that they are the winner. Result will be described to the Organiser as 'Bye'. All results must be communicated to the Organiser and email@example.com with the heading of Ladders (Ladies,Men's or Doubles).
Note - for Doubles the pair must decide who the Lead person is. This person acts for the pair just as in Singles.
4. Matches are based on the following scoring system:
a) Duration maximum 1 hour
b) first to 10 games with 2 clear games
c) Deuce games - only one further point played with the receiver choosing which side to play from.
In the event where the sides are level in games a sudden death game should be played or the game in progress is completed.
5. Once the match is played the result must be emailed immediately by the Winner to both your Organiser and firstname.lastname@example.org copying your opponent. Please provide the player names, date of Match played, score and the result. Specifying in the subject line LADDER RESULT - (stating whichever Singles/Doubles) - making it easier to pick out from other emails
6. Ladders will be updated once per week on the website www.wellowvalleytennis.co.uk/ClubTennis
7. Each Ladder will have an Organiser - set out on the website under Club Tennis. The Organiser can refer to the Supervisor but ultimately the Organisers decision is final but please remember the spirit of the club is Fun and Friendly.